Monday, October 09, 2006

The Beginning

labor day weekend 2003.OH MY GOD! were the words that came out of my mouth. OH BOY were the words I read on his lips. The music stopped and it was only the two of us in the crowded bar. Sounds cliche, but it really happened. The man that 8 years eariler had stopped dating me because his ex was back in town for the weekend was standing not 20 feet from me. He was still handsome, still had an air of confidence that reeled me in. The next night was our first date all over again. He informed me that all these years he had thought about me. Certain paintings made him think about the good woman that he let go. He called for me once, but I had left the state. Now here we were, together. He told me about his drug addictions and how he had chosen to work out of state on the road to escape that life.He took care of me. Sent me flowers and love letters when he was out of town. Made sure I had money to get through the week when he left. Did everything in his power to make sure we were together on weekends. My friends were so jealous because of how thoughtful he was and how he went out of his way to spoil me. He was every womans' dream and now he was mine. I had no idea of the nightmare I was getting myself into. Love is blind. I saw the red flags and I chose to ignore them because I trusted him to do the right thing by me.

No comments: