Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Heading Through the Big D

So yesterday my husband came out of his foggy drug induced haze to realize that I had filed for divorce. After weeks of telling him I did and him not changing his lying, stealing, manipulative ways it hit him hard. The thing with dealing with a user is that when they start using is a good indication of their emotional maturity. I was dealing with that of a 19-22 year old.I have had weeks, no months, to prepare for this and I have already been through the grieving process.He has denied reality up to this point. I have no idea what triggered him to wake up yesterday.I now know how to deal with his tirades and the guilt trips he tries to lay on everyone. Eventually he saw the light and realized that he caused this. It has nothing to do with me not loving him anymore. It has to do with survival.In order for my daughter and I to survive we need to start a new life and move on. Tonight was family group therapy at the treatment center and I go to support my "husband". I said that if I wanted a drug problem I would be doing them myself. This is not a lifestyle that I can deal with and something got through to him. Too bad it came along too late.

No comments: