Sunday, December 30, 2007

Before the New Year

So tomorrow is New Years Eve. I have a sinus infection. Guess Thursday night I probably should not have smoked that pack of cigs huh? My sister and all of the usual crew I hang out with are going to a hotelThey have a dinner/room/dance package. Couples stuff. All my other friends are married (except MG but she lives 3 1/2 hours away and I am pretty sure she'll be with the BF) and this is my first true New Years by myself. So here's my dilema...

#1. Do I go to the hotel dance solo and hope to meet someone there, although since it is a package deal I think the majority would be couples and the chances are slim that I will be locking lips at the stroke of 12?

OR

#2. It is RG's birthday. That's right... on New Years Eve it is RG's birthday. He has reserved the top floor of a local drinking establishment and provided a lot free beer. I could go to this event solo and wind up hanging out with a lot of people I am familiar with just not on a "I'll call you and we can go out" basis.

Now that I am looking at these two options #2 seems the better for a couple reasons. The first one being that since it is at a bar there are bound to be some single kissable men there (RG included.) The next one being that since I am acquainted with a lot of these people they may be the perfect network for my next resolution and that is to have a "real" date by the end of February. The only down side I can readily see is RG will be overly intoxicated and if he locked lips with someone at 12and it wasn't me how would I feel? I guess, hopefully, I would be doing lip locking as well so I would not notice.

I joined a weight loss challenge group. My friend is putting it on and with my sister's wedding approaching I wouldn't mind a little motivation. After doing weights with my school kids I have realized that I am not that far out of shape, I just need some cardio to start fat burn. $1 a week for 15 weeks equals free money for me cuz I am going to win!

A New Year, A New Me! 2008 is going to be a great year and it is all about me!

No comments: