Monday, December 24, 2007

Let His Pity Party Continue

My in-laws were planning to do X-mas on the 23rd. That was the only day that everyone was able to make it. Since this is Iowa and winter, the great storm rolled through and Mom and Dad in-law got stuck up north. Since all the kids were here in town we decided to go ahead and do the kids presents. I got stuck 2 times in the driveway and had to shovel myself out so I finally gave up and said that I wouldn't be able to make it. WOS called his sister to see what the plan was. (Didn't bother to call me.) She informed him that I was snowed in and wouldn't be attending. 20 minutes later the plow company came and dug us out. The kid and I headed out to my SIL's house.Due to deteriorating road conditions and white outs in places we stayed long enough to do presents and then headed back in. WOS called to see what we were up to and I informed him we were headed home from SIL. His response: "That's nice! Had I know I would have gone but SIL said that you were snowed in. That's another X-mas I 've missed." Give me a break! He also said that he just got dug out too because he was snowed in. So which was it? Were you not able to go cuz you were snowed in or did you choose not to go because we weren't there? Two stories...the story of his life.

No comments: