Friday, December 14, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

While it may still be early in the year to begin New Years Resolutions I vow to start now. No matter what happens between me and RG it was an eye opening experience for me. It has made me realize some things. First, I have spent the last 2 1/2 years living for my daughter and putting her first. That is great because I am a great mom, but in doing so I neglected myself. Second, I think I told RG that I didn't have time for a relationship. Well that is now changing because after having the most incredible date ever made me realize that I want that. I want more perfect dates, whether it's with him or someone else. I am not waiting until my divorce is over to start my life. My sorry, piece of crap husband is done messing with my head! I want to start searching for the wonderful person out there who I am supposed to be with. After a year of this divorce BS my ex still homeless, jobless, carless, licenseless, moneyless and classless. Since some of these may not be legit words just bear with me. So basically nothing has changed. Swears he loves us and doesn't want a divorce but doesn't want to work on supporting his family either. So my New Years Resolution is as follows:

1.I will start living my life.
2.I will find a babysitter who can come to my home to watch my daughter so that I may meet my friends more often.
3.I will get my gym membership back. It is not being a bad mom to pick my daughter up at the sitters house and drop her in the gym daycare for 30 minutes so that I can go run.
4. I do have time for a relationship. I am going to start dating. By February I will have gone out on at least 1 legit full fledged date. (Some things take time.)
5.I am going to be a stronger person when dealing with my ex and think of not only my daughter but myself. IE: Since you haven't paid child support in over a year you really don't have any say, so shut up or take me to court.We have plans.
6. I will kiss someone on New Years Eve.

So tomorrow I will get my gym membership back. 1 down then 5 more to go. Maybe I can accomplish some of these before New Years, then I won't have to work as hard later on.

No comments: