Thursday, December 27, 2007

Welfare Drug Test

"Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me.
I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees
fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random
urine test with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who
don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine
test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for
them??"

This has probably already circulated the web but I found it most interesting since I have an ex who really took advantage of this. After being unemployed for a year an a half I would have gone crazy. Welfare is not a way to earn a living. To have my ex receive food stamps and assisted living expenses while all he did was sit on his arse and smoke cocaine while I am barely able to supply for my daughter and myself working 3 jobs to be told I make too much money to get any assistance. I, for one, am totally for drug testing in order to receive welfare. Why not give it to those peolpe who are in dire straits and just need a break instead of the crack head who goes to the local hangout on the 1st of every month to sell their food card for drugs, or money to buy drugs.

The state and federal governments would save LOTS of money and would be able to help those who deserve it not those who are lazy and want everything handed to them.

No comments: