Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again

After a gym hiatus for the last week I finally made it back.I went yesterday but didn't have a good workout.After some after dark, late night fun with RG I was back at it again this morning...HARD. (The gym that is:)) I started off by running 2 miles and then thought I would power walk the rest of my 3 miles. As I looked at the timer I realized that I could be dam close to my best 3 miles ever (amazing what good fucking can do to a girl) and I cranked it up again and again. I came close but fell short.After being on my deathbed this week I am still pretty proud of the fact that I did 3 miles in 38:15. That basically breaks down to 13 minute miles. Not bad considering I started off doing 15 minutes miles. I have two pairs of skinny jeans that now fit and if I can drop an inch off my waist I can have two more. Any hot tips for fat burners? I stepped on the scale and it read 171.5. I think my pre-baby was 161 or 163 so I have 10 pounds to go for that goal. My next goal is to get those 2 pairs of jeans which are so close to fitting to actually fit by March 15th. That's my sisters' bachelorette party. So close yet so far away. 3 weeks to drop an inch. We will wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tips? Use the mechanical weights on days you don't run. Weightlifting burns a surprising amount of fat, and it does an awesome job of toning up the body. Don't worry about building unsightly girl muscles, that's hard to do without taking steroids. You will see results with 4 good sessions in an 8 day streth. Try and find three good machines each for the upper body, legs, and core muscle groups. Do three sets on each machine, with a weight that alows you to get 10 or 12 reps.

Trust me on this one, there's a reason personal trainers concentrate on weight exercises.