Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Valentine's Day

I am actually dreading the big V day this year. I didn't bother me last year, or the year before. My wedding anniversary was on Jan. 22 and even that didn't phase me. The impending Valentine's Day has me feeling a little slumpy. Why am I feeling slumpy you ask? I am, unfortunately, a romantic. When WOS and I first started dating he was working out of town and every Sunday before he left he would send me flowers at work. He got me cards just because and left me sweet text and voice messages. I was the envy of all my friends because I had someone who, no matter what, made me feel like I was the most beautiful, awesome, special woman in the world. (I think I am but it is nice to get that validation from someone of the other sex occasionally.) In retrospect, it was all a farce because he was doing all he could to hide his double life of drug addiction from me. I want the fairytale. I want Prince Charming to sweep me off my feet. I don't need someone who has lots of money or materialistic possessions. I need/want someone who has the ability to love me fully and completely with reckless abandon. I want someone who is not afraid to love even though it might not work. I want someone who is willing to gamble on love with his heart as the ante.The next man that is willing to put it all out there will be the person I fall for. I don't think that person exists and I am not willing to settle this time around. I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life either though, so how long do I wait before I settle for mediocre? I am really dreading Valentine's Day.

No comments: